Type : Appel à communication
Date limite de l’appel : 30 avril 2017
Date de la manifestation : 23 – 25 novembre 2017
Lieu : Lisbonne, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian.
The Art of Ornament. Meaning, Archetypes, Forms and Uses
Important dates: Deadline for abstract submission: 30 April 2017 Notification of acceptance of abstract: 31 May 2017 Provisional Programme: 30 June 2017 Deadline for registration: 31 August 2017. Conference: 23, 24 and 25 November 2017
The topics suggested for proposals for participating in this Conference are generically the following, although others may be considered if they are deemed pertinent and relevant:
- Contemplating the ornament our days: meaning, tendencies and paths.
- Ornament and portuguese decorative arts
- Revivalism, exoticism and ornament
- Ornamentalists and engravers: creation, reception and dissemination;
- Ornament and architecture: historiography, theory and present times;
- Mobility and transcontinentality: the migration of forms;
- Between the sacred and the profane: appropriations, reinventions and coexistence;
- Intersection, union and dissonance: literature, music and visual arts.
Abstracts (of no more than 500 words), accompanied by a short bio (250 words), in English or Portuguese, should be sent to the members of the organizing committee, at email@example.com by April 30, 2016.
Participants will be notified by the end of May, and the conference program will be published in June. The languages of the conference are English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.